Tasty & Simple Gluten Free Crispy Skillet Potatoes Recipe
Hello everyone~! :D My name is Riri-sensei, this is my first recipe blog post. c: Today we are making a quick and yummy breakfast food (but its yummy as a side dish or snack too!)
This dish is skillet potatoes. :D I suffer from osteoporosis in my hips and back so I cannot stand for very long. That's why I came up with a way to make potatoes without standing for too long.
Basically, we pre-cook the potatoes in a microwave! :D Its very simple and easy and you can peel the skin while sitting without dirtying too many dishes or knives.
This recipe is meant to be simple, disability friendly and yummy. c: It's also vegan, gluten free and has options for various diets.
For me, I usually pan fry with a few tablespoons of oil because I need the extra fat xD but you can get away with just 2-3 tsp of oil or fat and a non-stick pan.
May you enjoy this dish. Have a lovely day~!
- 4 to 5 medium sized potatoes (I used golden potatoes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dehydrated chopped onions flakes
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- oil for frying (I used extra light olive oil)
1. Rinse and dry your potatoes. Then in a microwave safe dish/plate cook them for 12-16 minutes in the microwave oven. (Please note, timing varies depending on your microwave so keep an eye on it.)
2. When the potatoes are cook, wait for them to cool off and peel them.
3. Then in a skillet, add enough oil to pan fry the potatoes. Place the whole, peeled potatoes into the pan and let it sizzle on high heat.
4. Break the potatoes up with a spatula in the pan as it sears. Continue turn and flipping the potatoes every few minutes as needed until all sides of crispy.
5. You can season the potatoes with salt, pepper and paprika while tossing and turning.
6. Once the potatoes are entirely crispy to your liking turn off the stove and dump the remaining seasonings into the hot pan. Mix everything well and let the hot oil cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
7. When the onion bits are light brown its done, drain the potatoes on a paper towel and serve warm.
- For seasonings you can adjust and add more or less according to your preferences. :)
- You can also bake your potatoes or boil them if you prefer. I find microwaving potatoes gives it the best texture for my personal preferences.
- Do not add the herbs until the stove is off otherwise they can burn and turn bitter. Spices like salt and pepper do not burn easily so its no problem if you add earlier. :)
- I love golden potatoes the most but all potatoes work well for this recipe.
- Any type of fat or oil works too, but I use frying olive oil because of health reasons and my allergies.
Thank you for stopping by~! :D
Tags: Garlic potatoes, skillet potatoes, home fries, hashbrowns, fried potatoes, gluten free, vegan, allergy friendly, free of top 8 allergens, breakfast, quick meal ideas